Thursday, September 27, 2007

Logistics and Supply Chain Dashboard

Blue Sky Logistics offers a dashboard that gives insight into the logistics and suppy chain function.



The prominence of "Alerts" here is interesting - as I have observed elsewhere however, alerts should be qualitative information entered by humans. If machine generated, they can typically be represented in a different form - perhaps with traffic lights or other indicators of urgency.

Cash-to-cash is an important thing to measure regionally - I wonder how they would manage a very deep hierarchy of regions.

For order fullfillment cycle time, I would tend to use a bullet chart if horizontal display is desired. To my eye, its difficult to translate the bars into their meaning - another possibility would be to display them as columns. I find the Return on Supply Chain fixed assets column chart easier to read than the order fullfillment bar chart.

Hopefully, there are options to display periods with better labels than "1,2,3,4,5" on the perfect order fullfillment chart. I also want to see this broken out by facility etc. Sparklines?

Add to: | del.cio.us | digg

Information Dashboard Success

No comments: