Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Welcome!

Starting a new business is as exciting and fun as it is frightening. After 18 years in the software business as a consultant, and most recently development manager for Cognos Metrics Manager, I've named myself Principal and CEO of my new company Collaborative Performance.

Collaborative Performance reflects my career-long passion to see management teams and organizations work more effectively. Over the years, I've seen lots of dysfunction and a few examples of greatness. My talent is in zeroing in on the issues that are holding you back from greatness as an organization.

One of the best ways to open up potential is to change the availability and distribution of information. When hiding data is no longer a useful strategy, managers are often able to move towards a stance of learning, openness and collaboration.

I'm going to drop several previously written articles into this blog to get started - thereafter I intend to update on a semi-regular basis with new learnings and observations I encounter in the field. I hope you'll find it valuable to follow along, and that you'll take the time to engage in the conversation.

No comments: